Finishing a List
It took ten years, but we've finally visited all the beaches in Palm Beach County. That's cause for celebration, don't you think? (So we had Shrimp and Grits for dinner.)
Although in Boca Raton, South Inlet Park is a county beach, so instead of paying a flat parking fee ($20 for the day), there was a self-service pay station instead ($3 per hour). Knowing it was spring break, we left home on the early side. While the beach was a bit on the crowded side, the parking lot wasn't full, so we were happy.
It was a bit too windy to put up the umbrella, but otherwise it was a perfect day - warm and sunny. The wind caused some pretty powerful waves, and there was a riptide warning posted; however, we were careful and enjoyed our short swim in the ocean.
The county beach is on the south side of the Boca Inlet. If you have a few million spare dollars, you could choose to live in a gorgeous condo on the north side of the inlet.
You could also choose to go out to sea in a yacht or a jet ski. If you choose the latter, be careful that you don't bury it in the sand. However, if you do, isn't it nice to know that there's a company who will get it out for you?
- Coral Cove Park - 9/17/2011
- Dubois Park - 9/3/2012
- Jupiter Beach County Park - 7/14/2012
- Carlin Park - 1/1/2013
- Juno Beach Park - 7/6/2013
- Loggerhead Park - 8/24/2013
- John D. MacArthur Beach State Park - 10/26/2013
- Ocean Reef Park - 10/18/2014
- Riviera Beach Municipal Beach - 6/10/2015
- Palm Beach Shores Park - 9/7/2015
- Midtown Beach - 4/30/2016
- Phipps Ocean Park - 8/6/2016
- Richard G. Kreusler Park - 3/8/2017
- Lake Worth Municipal Beach - 7/15/2017
- Lantana Municipal Beach - 11/18/2017
- Ocean Inlet Park - 9/15/2018
- Ocean Ridge Hammock Park - 2/23/2019
- Boynton Beach Oceanfront Park - 5/27/2019
- Gulstream County Park - 11/1/2019
- Delray Beach Public Beach - 2/13/2020
- Atlantic Dunes Park - 7/10/2020
- Spanish River Park - 8/25/2020
- Red Reef Park - 10/14/2020
- South Beach Park - 3/3/2021
- South Inlet Park - 3/25/2021