WFMW - Lunch Time Again!

Works for Me Wednesday
More school lunch ideas

As I was trying to figure out what to share, I realized that I was putting together school/work lunches, and that it was automatic. Maybe some of what I do to make it make the process less painful can help someone else! Here's what's in the lunches today:

Tuna/Egg Sandwiches - Not too long ago I discovered these wonderful bread "rounds" that are only 100 calories each. Someone's counting calories, yet felt gypped when he only got half a sandwich! Now he can have a whole sandwich and still make his calorie goal.
Grapes - purchased yesterday, so this morning I rinsed all of them and cut the big bunch into single-serving pieces, which means tomorrow it won't take long at all to add them to the sacks
Apple Quarters - sprinkled with lemon juice so they won't turn ugly
Pringles - sorry, have to have something from the factory

Gingerbread Men Cookies - taken straight out of the freezer where they were already individually bagged
When the school year started, I shared some more ideas here, and even the year before too. At one point we calculated I'd make 12,000 school lunches before everyone graduated from high school. It's amazing that there are less than 1,000 to go!
I'm linking up at Works for Me Wednesday, which this week is being hosted at Rocks in My Dryer. I'm looking forward to gathering lots of ideas from others over there.

Comments

Clay & Sara said…
You are so creative & I had no idea about the lemon juice on apples! Very interesting!!
Great ideas and I'm going to save that gingerbread recipe now :)
How fun!

Since we homeschool, I still make lunch, but I don't have to worry about the individual packaging. Most of our weekday lunches are soup or leftovers.

We often have apples and cookies, though!
Nikki said…
I love to read other people's lunch tips! I read your link about your apples and the soy sauce bottle for lemon juice. That is so smart. I've often heard about how lemon juice helps keep apples from going brown. But I never even thought of using that handy information to send apples in lunches. My daughter always begs for apples but can't finish one. This will be perfect.

P.S. I noticed you're LDS. I am too! And I have five boys and one girl as well.
Mari said…
Thanks for stopping at my blog today. Great lunch ideas! My kids are all done with school, but I could use some of these for myself and for my husbands lunches.