12,000 Lunches

This morning as I was preparing yet another school lunch, I realized that's been on the early-hours routine for a long time now! And the menu hasn't changed much either - sandwich, chips, fruit, cookies. Michelle took a Capri Sun, Steven has a water bottle he refills in the cafeteria. My silly youngest kids think store-bought cookies are better than homemade (which go "stale" an hour after they've been baked) so they wanted Chips Ahoy and not any of Jeff's "last batch" (which is fine with Jeff)!


The menu hasn't changed much since I went to high school either. Although 90% of the time I brought lunch from home, my "flashback" for today was remembering the occasional burrito or churro I bought 30 years ago. Our kids also have the option to buy lunch at the cafeteria once a week or so, but apparently it's not worth the hassle to stand in line! They'd rather have the time to eat. So, they're stuck with the same predictable menu.

Maybe it's time for a change!

(This came up on a quick google search: fun lunch ideas.)


11,000 bag lunches DONE - 1,000 to go!!!

Comments

Jennifer said…
Thank you! I can assure you he was laughing when they sang "Happy Birthday"! Probably laughing at me...
Dave said…
I think it was the 12,000 hot breakfasts that will have the longest positive impact. I contribute good breakfasts to any success I had in school or athletics.

THANKS MOM!!!
lrbodine said…
There is a whole article in Parents magazine this month about new ideas for lunches. Although I have a while before I have to start making lunches for school - I still liked the variety of ideas!