Golf Week

When the schedule and weather permit, we like to get out of the house for a fun activity twice a week. Coincidentally, when those stars aligned this month, there were two parks, both with golf activities, next in line on the list. We had a great time with Golf Week.

Have you ever played frisbee golf? If not, you're not alone. However, we finally tried it this month and had a great time. It would have been more fun if my disc hadn't rolled into the lake (even though I was concentrating so hard on avoiding that problem!), but it was still fun. 

That was the first park visit of the week, to Royal Palm Beach Commons Park. (Here are the pictures from our previous outing there.) The second one was to John Prince Park, where one of the activities available is a golf center, complete with a driving range and practice course. We're not really golfers, so I figured we'd skip that activity, but Wayne had other plans. I'm glad he did; it's actually been a lot of fun. 

We decided the most practical thing to do was sign up for a series of beginner lessons. They're not quite what I originally expected, and are instead an opportunity to hit balls on the driving range, with occasional tips on how to improve form from the instructor. 

I may never know the difference between the various clubs, and I'd rather try hitting a ball into the hole (I guess that's called putting practice), but it's been fun seeing if I can hit the ball farther and straighter each time I try. One more session to go!

Comments