Never Bored in April

The whole point of taking pictures is sharing them, right? Going through my files, I find a lot of orphaned pictures that I don't want to forget. I've noticed that some bloggers have what they call a "little things" post that they do monthly. I may have done something like that in the past, and I figure it's time to try it ago. So, here we go!

I like taking pictures of restaurant meals, just because I can, but also because it gives me ideas for what to fix at home. Wayne doesn't take pictures, but this month he brought half of his lunch home one day, so I could take a picture. Here we have Thai Basil Chicken. He really likes it, so someday I'll need to find a recipe and make it for him.


One of our granddaughters had her first birthday, so I spent time making another quiet book. Starting from an already-created pattern definitely makes things a bit easier, but I still failed to get it to her on time for her actual birthday. Maybe someday!


My experiment in March to see how doing three back-to-back sessions in the temple worked out so well, I deciding I'd try it again. I had another beautiful experience there this month.


My Easter gift to myself was cleaning our windows and screens. I keep forgetting how wonderful I feel after that chore is done. If I'd do better at remembering, maybe I wouldn't wait so long in between. Note to self (and because I added a "cleaning tips" tag): use a sponge and not a brush to clean the screens with soapy water before rinsing with the hose.

Before and after - maybe you can't see all the dead bugs, but I could, and now they're gone!

I went outside and found a little critter resting on our van's tire and thought our grandchildren might enjoy seeing this unusual sight. Notice that it looks like his tail was cut off at one point, but it grew back!


We've put up with screeching chairs on tile for years, and this month I remembered we had a package of little felt pads. I decided it was worth a few minutes of my time to attach them to the chair legs (even if they are on the small side) to see if the obnoxious noise goes away. So far so good; we'll see how long that lasts. Note: They didn't last that long. Maybe I should buy some bigger ones; or maybe the glue on fresh ones would stick better.



Comments