WFMW - Freezing Leftovers

We had a lot of yummy food at the open house, and since we prepared more than we knew we'd need, we also had a lot of yummy leftovers. So, I put my freezer to work. We've had great success freezing brownies and mini cheesecakes, and chicken bites and kielbasa, even strawberries and pineapples. However, I've never frozen grapes.
After a quick internet search, I found dozens of testimonials saying that not only was it possible, it was a delicacy. And if you hadn't tried it yet, you definitely should! So, I did. And it was really quite simple.
Wash and "de-stem" the grapes. Pat dry and spread on a cookie sheet. Stick in the freezer for an hour or two. That's called "flash freezing."

Take them out and put in a freezer bag or container and return to the freezer. That's it!
It works for all types of grapes. They make a terrific, low-calorie snack on hot summer days. Just eat directly from the freezer like a mini-popsicle.

Not wasting food works for me! Be sure to check out We are THAT Family to see what works for everyone else.

Comments

Delirious said…
The food was great!
Just Jones'n said…
Frozen grapes are the BEST!!! Our family loves them!!!
Oh! loooove frozen grapes.
Lynn said…
Love those frozen grapes! Thanks for the reminder to go freeze some :) I also learned in recent years that you can cut up and freeze leftover watermelon (in chunks) and cantaloupe and pineapple, to use in smoothies. It feels good, not to be wasting food.
Jennifer said…
We love frozen grapes, but usually I freeze them in the summer and we eat them in the winter.