Lassen Volcanic National Park

Friday Flashback
National Park Series #12
When Lassen National Park showed up next on the "parks to visit" list, I was pretty excited, because I had fond memories of childhood vacations there with my family. In fact, we even went backpacking a couple of times. (Go here to see a couple of those pictures.)First we had to set up camp. This year Michelle wasn't content to stay in her little seat.As usual, we went on a lot of hikes. We even climbed to the top of Lassen Peak. It was COLD and WINDY! But we persevered anyway, and Wayne even climbed to the very tip top. (The next day the weather was gorgeous, but we were leaving, so Wayne took the oldest boys and climbed it again. They wanted to really see the view, but they didn't take the camera, so we'll just have to believe them that it was breathtaking.)This is Cinder Cone. That's one of the hikes I remember taking as a girl. No shade!Brad, David and Steven had plenty of opportunities to play King of the Mountain.
I just love Steven's smile, even if it's out of focus. We went blueberry picking on our way home. And there's Lassen Peak in the distance.

Comments

Melanie said…
You inspire me. I love that you have so many wonderful memories of your children when they were younger. I love this. You are such a great example.

Oh, by the way...congratulations on your up and coming Grandma Title! He's going to be a sweetheart I just know it.