Climb Every Mountain

Flashback Friday
Hiking with Dad

My dad came down for the weekend, and that reminded me of these photos I have stored on the computer. Last time I visited him I took "pictures of pictures" (which means the quality isn't the greatest) so that I could have access to these memories whenever I wanted. This first one was taken at the top of Mt. Lassen. It was cold up there. If I had to guess, I'd say it was about 1974 or 75. This one was taken a couple of years later, not sure where, but I remember backpacking in Lassen as well. We like that national park. That's Louise, Ida in front of my mom, then me, Dad, Scott, Benjamin and George. This reminds me of a "Sound of Music" scene. We may have even been trying to duplicate it. The quality is awful but it's my favorite of the three. I have a lot of fond memories of climbing mountains with my family. Maybe that's why I did the same thing with my own kids!
It must always be cold at Lassen Peak. Here we are in 1996. Don't they all look miserable? Do you think in another 20 years this will be a fond memory for them??

Check out "More than Words" to find others sharing old photos and stories.

Comments

Beth in NC said…
Those are some awesome memories captured on film! :o)

Have a blessed Friday!
Beth
Erin said…
I love those pictures...they show a lifetime of memories. I am trying to get those shots for my own kids and you've reminded me that it is worthwhile.
Denise said…
I've been taking pictures of pictures lately too. What fabulous memories your pictures represent! I'll bet your kids already have fond memories of your 1996 trip. We've had miserable camping vacations & within a few years the kids are all talking about what wonderful fun they had.
More Than Words said…
Those are some priceless pictures and they're not too bad considering you took pictures of the actual ones!!

And I'm sure in 20 years, your kids will appreciate it!!!!

Thank you for joining in again this week!! Have a beautiful weekend!
Pam said…
What great memories! I don't think I could get my kids to climb anything that high!
I'm sure it will be! :)