Happy Birthday to Me!

Flashback Friday
My 9th Birthday

Other than my 16th birthday, these are the only pictures I have of my childhood birthdays. (Or, at least, the only ones I can find.) So, I thought I would share them with all of you wonderful people!

One of the "blessings" of being born on the Fourth of July is I usually got a flag cake. And I usually got to go swimming and have a barbecue. And there were always fireworks - just for me! You can tell how old I am because I was alive when girls wore dresses all of the time - even to school and birthday parties. (It started becoming more acceptable to wear pants on a regular basis around the time I reached junior high, and in high school I remember alternating pants and dresses every other day.)1971 was the year of the birthday bicycles. My birthday is in July, my sister's in August, and my brother's in September. My parents gave all three of us bikes on my birthday. At first I felt gypped, but I quickly realized that it was much more fun to go bike riding with them than all by myself. Don't I have wise parents?

Comments

Delirious said…
Happy Birthday!!! :)
Belkycita said…
HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!
I love the dresses story!I never liked them much but it was because I was a tomboy growing up :-(

The fireworks here were awesome, no doubt they were made for you ;-)
Beckstrand7 said…
What a fun day for a birthday! I hope yours was great. My brother's birtdhay is the 3rd, and Columbus OH always celebrates with their "Red, White & Boom" on the 3rd. He loved it too. Happy Birthday!

I remember the dresses too... :)