Veterans Park

This seemed like an appropriate park to visit a couple of days the National Day of Service and Remembrance (also known as 9/11 Day). It would also be a good destination for Veterans Day (when it was originally dedicated in 2003) or Memorial Day (when one of the statues was added). Actually, I'm grateful for the reminder that 9/11 Day is supposed to be a day of service. If I lived near my parents, I would be participating in their stake's organized service projects; as it is, I'll just have to come up with my own.

While I've been to this park before (see here), Wayne hasn't. I loved being able to share this little treasure with him. And I loved that it wasn't a rainy day. It's a beautiful, serene park, with a playground and splashpad (only in the summer, and only once it's been repaired) for kids, plenty of benches along a peaceful pond for resting, and a couple of ampitheaters for community events, along with several memorial statues.









Finally, it has a quaint little breakfast and lunch cafe, which happened to actually reopen after Covid on the day we planned to visit the park. It was a surprisingly great cafe and totally exceeded our expectations. We thought it would be an "order take-out at the window" type place, but it was actually a sit-down restaurant with indoor and outdoor seating. And the delicious food was plentiful and presented beautifully. If you're looking for a unique lunch setting, give Seeds Cafe a try!


Comments