Time in Utah
There will be several posts describing different aspects of our wondrous time in Utah this summer, but this one is designated for all the little things that don't fit in those other posts. For example, I snapped a couple of photos as we walked into the church building our first Sunday there. Isn't Wayne handsome?
And isn't he a great sport to actually smile when I point the camera at him? I want to remember how impressed I was with the testimony meeting of the Draper 9th Ward. On this patriotic Sunday (4th of July), it was filled with testimonies of naturalized citizens who so greatly appreciated the greatness of our nation. I was a quite a bit surprised at the many different countries were represented in this little geographic area.
After church that day we spent time with little Theo. I didn't want to wait two more entire days for a hug! He's growing so fast and it's a marvel to watch his brain work to figure things out.
Just a small reminder of the shopping we did before heading up to Bear Lake!
Proof that we made it to Wayne's favorite store in Utah - Smith & Edwards!
Mom's tomato plant is humongous! I wish ours flourished as nicely as hers. Note that when we arrived home, our tomato plant was still alive, and even had a few green tomatoes on it. I doubt, though, that we'll ever be able to harvest any.
We earned our keep by doing a few little chores around the house. Here Wayne's reattaching some individual slats on the plantation shutters to the bar that moves them all at once. Other tasks included unclogging a sink drain, cleaning out the refrigerator, updating family pictures, and reviewing bank accounts. We certainly appreciate all the little things our "close in proximity" siblings do for our parents!



Comments