Seminole Palms Park

The next park on the Royal Palm Beach city list is actually a county park. However, we visited it anyway. We enjoyed delicious barbecued hamburgers, sharing the picnic area with a local school class. Then we walked all the pathways around the many ball fields on a beautiful, blustery, spring day.



It looks like this field is getting an upgrade.



One beautiful poinciana tree!**


I mentioned this is a county park. Although the city maintains the ball fields, the county runs the water park that is on the grounds. Someday this park will come up in a different rotation, so we'll be back. Who wants to join us at Calypso Bay??


** Ever since I first saw one (I think on U.S. 41 near Pahokee), I've been intrigued by the Poinciana Tree, so I had to look it up. Now you know what I know.

Delonix regia is a species of flowering plant in the bean family Fabaceae, subfamily Caesalpinioideae. It is noted for its fern-like leaves and flamboyant display of flowers. In many tropical parts of the world it is grown as an ornamental tree and in English it is given the name royal poinciana or flamboyant.

Comments