HHP - Week Eight

House and Holiday Plan – Week Eight – Family Room

Here’s what’s on the To-Do list for this week:

Declutter, clean and organize the family room.

Organize media and entertainment. Do you want to add to your Christmas music and/or movie collection?

Decorate for Halloween; finalize costumes; prepare for trick-or-treaters.

Mail overseas packages.

Start amaryllis bulbs.

It’s not really on the list, but one of my main focus projects this week was yard work – the pruning and weeding that has to be done on a regular, although not necessarily frequent, basis. After a couple of days of bending and stretching and pulling and lifting, I’m going to be a bit sore. However, those chores won’t need to be done again until January. I call that holiday preparation!

Several different times in the past we’ve had an amaryllis centerpiece, and I really do like them. I’ll add bulbs to the shopping list, and if I find them, we’ll try that again this year as well.

I don’t need to mail any packages overseas. I don’t need to prepare a Halloween costume. The candy for the trick-or-treaters is in the pantry. Decorating the front door will wait until Halloween day proper.

Before

Finally, I guess I should look at the family room! It’s been a while since I’ve gone through the bookshelves. I’ll let you know if I find anything that needs to go to Goodwill.

Surprise! I did find a small pile of books we no longer need, and another pile that belongs with the kids’ stuff in the bedrooms. It may not mean much to you, but I’m pretty proud of the fact I actually sorted through my pile of scripture study notebooks, clearing off the tv tray in the process. Do you think that Wayne will notice that after several years of use as a pile holder it’s back on its storage rack? In addition, while going through the tv cabinet I discovered an unopened box of blank DVDs; at one time we had planned to transfer our VHS family movies to them. Have we missed the boat on that, or do people still use DVDs? Remembering what you actually own is just one of the benefits of doing this chore occasionally.

After

I didn’t really go through the Christmas music and movies, but I know we have plenty, so I won’t be adding to our collection. How about you? What are your favorite Christmas movies and music? If I did want something new, what should I get?

Comments