HHP - Week Four

 House and Holiday Plan – Week Four – Children’s Rooms

 

 Here’s what’s on the to-do list for Week Four:

Declutter, clean and organize children’s rooms

Declutter children’s toys

Start planning stocking stuffers (use back-to-school clearance sales)

Plan Halloween costumes

Think ahead to Advent celebrations and start planning for them

Start addressing Christmas cards (1/5 over the next five weeks)

Take note of birthdays and anniversaries (add them to next year’s calendar)

Seasonal Spruce-up Exercise (make a reasonable plan for any home improvement projects you want to complete)

Well, that was as far as I got a few years ago, which means I’m doing better this time around, right?

Life is a bit different without a house filled with children, but I still need to go through the toy and game closet. Now that we have grandchildren living in a neighboring city, it actually gets used occasionally.

Can you identify which is “before” and which is “after”? If not, great, because that means it wasn’t too messy!

I can cross “plan Halloween costumes” off the list, but if you need to take care of that task, here are some ideas that have worked for us over the years.

After decades of experience sending Christmas cards, I know that addressing envelopes is not a chore for me; it’s something I love to do. So, I’m not going to bother doing it 1/5th at a time over 5 weeks. I’ll just put on a holiday movie in early December and take care of it then. (I’ll go ahead and leave it on the to-do list for the next few weeks, though.)

Since my husband thinks home improvement projects are fun, we work on them throughout the year, whenever we have a spare Saturday. However, it has been a while since we’ve taken a tour of our home to see what little chores should be done. That’s a great task for this week.

Finally, it’s time to look under the beds and into the closets of one of our bedrooms to make some progress on clearing out the hidden clutter. Well, the desk and dresser are now empty; the closet will have to wait for another week!

Comments