Evelyn's Blessing Day

I think after this I’ll be caught up with our baby blessings, at least for a couple of days! It’s probably a good idea to write about Evelyn’s first white dress before she dons her second white dress in a month or two.

Actually, Evelyn has a wise mom who knows that babies can be hard on clothes. I wasn’t able to get a good picture of her wearing her beautiful dress, but I did get one of the dress itself all ready for her to wear. Elizabeth is also an awesome cook and the lunch she prepared was absolutely delicious. Let’s not forget that the company was terrific as well.

We tried getting a picture of us with our grandchildren. There were only two then and we still couldn’t get a good one. I don’t know how other families succeed. If you know, please tell us the secret, because we’ll have sixteen the next time we make an attempt! We had better success with the four-generation pictures, but that’s a ratio of three adults to one child; the odds are better!

We can’t forget the “official” pictures at the church building. Evelyn has a lot of people who love her dearly.

Guess what time of year it was? Thanks for letting me share your special day!!

I guess I should have checked my Drafts folder before writing this post, because I started one over a year ago. Let’s go ahead and add those thoughts.

Evelyn was born on the day Steven graduated from high school. A week later Jeff came home from his mission, and the week after that we moved. To say it was a busy time would be a bit of an understatement. It might explain why I never posted about her special blessing day. Time to make up for that!

Two weeks after our move, we left our new home in the very capable hands of our young adult children and flew out to spend the Fourth of July weekend with David’s family, and our other two sons in Utah. We had a wonderful time, as you can see from the pictures above.

Her parents’ post on her big day can be found here.

Soon after her birth, they had a friend take newborn pictures, which can be found here.

 

Comments