Crocheted Octopus

That's kind of a boring title, but it's accurate and will help me find this post again in the future. Last fall we had a road trip planned, and one of the things I like to do to help me feel productive while sitting in the car for hours is to crochet. When looking for a project to take, I found this pattern for a stuffed octopus. It looked like it would be fun to make, and also a great gift for a grandma from Florida to give, so I printed out the pattern and grabbed some yarn from my stash to bring along on our trip.


Before leaving, I didn't read the part that said to stuff the head before attaching the tentacles; I was assuming I would do that at the end when I got home. Do you think I was able to find anything in our car to stuff the head while zooming down the interstate? Actually, I did - some empty plastic grocery sacks. Two of them were the perfect amount, and added a nice little "crinkle" to help amuse the baby.

Comments