Halloween 2018

Wayne did take his eyes to work!
This is turning out to be a quiet Halloween season at our house. We missed the annual ward Trunk or Treat because of a last minute trip to California, and the stake youth dance was cancelled because of hurricane clean-up efforts. I didn't even make the time to send treat packages to the grandchildren! However, I did pull out a few decorations.


I can also share some last-minute songs and fingerplays that I sent the oldest ones years ago. Maybe our younger grandchildren will be old enough enjoy them this year.

Our busy bee in Michigan

10 Fall and Halloween Songs and Fingerplays

I’m a Little Spider
(Tune: I’m a Little Teapot)
I'm a little spider,
Watch me spin.
If you'll be my dinner,
I'll let you come in.
Then I'll spin my web,
To hold you tight.
And gobble you up,
In one big bite!

HOO!
(Tune: Farmer in the Dell)
The owl goes hoo, (cup hands to mouth)
The owl goes hoo,
Hi ho on Halloween, the owl goes hoo.
Other verses:
The ghost goes boo (wave hands out in front)
The bats go eek (flap arms)
The pumpkin rolls around (roll hands)
The scarecrow waves good-bye (wave)

Five Little Pumpkins
(Fingerplay, no tune)
Five little pumpkins sitting on a gate,
The 1st one said, “Oh my, it’s getting late.”
The 2nd one said, “There are witches in the air.”
The 3rd one said, “But we don’t care.”
The 4th one said, “Let’s run and run and run.”
The 5th one said, “I’m ready for some fun.”
Whewwwww went the wind & out went the lights,
And the five little pumpkins rolled out of sight.

Bats Are Sleeping
(Tune: Frere Jacque/Are You Sleeping)
Bats are sleeping, bats are sleeping
Upside down, upside down
Waiting for the night to come
Waiting for the night to come
Then they fly around, then they fly around.

Mother Nature, Did You Sneeze?
(tune: Twinkle Twinkle)
Falling, falling, falling leaves
Mother nature did you sneeze? (Aaachew!)
Red ones, yellow ones, orange and brown,
Big ones, little ones, on the ground
Falling, falling, falling leaves
Mother nature did you sneeze? (aaaachew!)

I'm a Little Scarecrow
(To the tune of I'm a Little Tea Pot)
I'm a little scarecrow (Point to chest and sing)
Stuffed with hay (Move right fist, then left fist across chest out in front of
body as if stuffing)
Here I stand in a field all day (Outstretch arms like a scarecrow)
When I see the black crows (Place right hand over eyes as if looking
afar)
I just shout (Cup hands around mouth)
"Hey, you crows! You better get out!"

Five Red Leaves 
(Fingerplay, no tune)
Five red leaves, five and no more (hold up 5 fingers)
The caterpillar ate one, now there are four (thumb down)
Four red leaves, that's easy to see.
Along came a rainstorm, now there are three. (index down)
Three red leaves, nothing much to do.
A big wind blew, now two! (middle down)
Two red leaves, that's not much fun.
I glued one on my paper (ring down)
Now there is one. (hold up pinky)
Hang on, pretty red leaf! Your branches won't break.
You're one less leaf for me to rake!

I’m a Little Pumpkin 
(Tune: I’m a Little Tea Pot)
I’m a little pumpkin, short and fat
I’m going to be a jack o lantern, how about that?
Just carve me out a mouth and nose and eyes
And light me up on Halloween night!

Scarecrow, Scarecrow
(tune: Teddy Bear, Teddy Bear)
Scarecrow, Scarecrow, turn around.
Scarecrow, scarecrow, jump up and down
Scarecrow, scarecrow, arms up high
Scarecrow, Scarecrow, wink one eye
Scarecrow, scarecrow, bend your knee
Scarecrow, scarecrow, flap in the breeze
Scarecrow, scarecrow, climb into bed
Scarecrow, scarecrow, rest your head

The Rolly Polly Pumpkin
(tune: Itsy Bitsy Spider)
The rolly-polly pumpkin went rolling down the hill
Once he started rolling, he couldn’t stay still
He rolled and he rolled until he hit a rock
Then the rolly-polly pumpkin rolled to a stop.

Our 2nd generation Raggedy Ann in Texas

Darling witches in Montana

Utah family with friends

Super Heros in Florida

Comments