Patriotic Tutu

This year I actually tried some of the crafts and activities I'd pinned over the years - Holidays: 4th of July. It really was fun finishing some projects, and making a dent in the ribbon and fabric scrap stash in the process. Here's our adorable granddaughter sporting a couple of those patriotic items. So festive!


To make the little skirt, I followed the instructions found here - Tutu Skirt. I used ribbon (which I wouldn't necessarily recommend - at least not 1" wide ribbon) and strips of fabric and tulle. 


I wanted to dress up the onesie, but I didn't necessarily want to appliqué anything on. (Due to some repair work in the ceiling, my sewing room is kind of in disarray right now.) Fortunately, a Pinwheel Hair Clip (without the clip) was the perfect accessory.


For future reference, here's the sizing chart from the previously mentioned website:

Comments