February's Staycation

This year Wayne decided to turn the three-day President's Day weekend into a longer vacation. We didn't leave town, but we had a great time playing tourist at home.

Monday morning I dropped him off at Exit #8 on the Sawgrass Expressway and he started walking south along the canal. This time the levee hike was a little more enjoyable; the day he went north was cold and rainy.



Drop-off parking lot
 
Then I drove down to Markham Park and did some exploring while I waited for him to meet me.


The end of the trail


Tuesday morning we did some chores around the house, but I guess since he didn't go into the office, it was still considered vacation.



After the cobwebs were swept away and the the palm trees trimmed, we explored our town's new community center. That didn't take long at all.


We stopped to get a treat and try out a new restaurant before heading home and resting up for the next day's excursion to Jonathan Dickinson State Park

Comments