#1 - The County Library
While we tried to visit the library on a weekly basis throughout the year, in the summertime it was almost an imperative. It's important to keep reading skills going, and new material certainly helps with that. In addition, often libraries will have summer reading incentives and other programs. (The Palm Beach County "classes and events" for children can be found here.)
#2 - Museums
Most of these will charge admission, so they're not necessarily frugal. However, if it's something you're really interested in, you could get a family membership, maybe even as a birthday or Christmas present. Or you could become friends with someone and go as their guest. Or you could look for Groupon deals or "Free Friday" promotions.
- Flagler Museum
- Norton Museum of Art
- Morikami Museum
- Yesteryear Village
- Lake Worth Historical Museum
- Boca Raton Children's Museum
- Loggerhead Marine Life Center
- Jupiter Inlet Lighthouse and Museum
- South Florida Science Center
- Ice Skating
- Roller Skating
- Indoor Playgrounds
|Aquarium in Draper Utah|
- Paint your own Pottery
- Kids' Workshops (Home Depot)
- Camp Creativity (Michael's)
- Cooking or Sewing Classes - These can even be done at home!
|Making something new is fun at any age!|
- Grocery Shopping
- Dollar Store - A great place to find reading reward incentives!
- Mall Treasure Hunt
- Window Shopping - You don't necessarily have to buy anything!
- "Get Ready for School" Shopping
One of my favorite bloggers just posted a great list of things to do at home - including masking tape roadways, binocular scavenger hunt and paint chip stories.