WFMW - Summer Plans

Although we're empty-nesters now, it's obvious from social media that we're at the end of another school year. (I guess I didn't need social media to tell me that since I taught my last seminary lesson a week ago.) Anyway, it's time to share some of the things that worked for us when we did have kids at home, and did have to deal with the possibility of a constant refrain of "I'm bored!" I also noticed that some of the links I referenced in previous posts no longer exist, so it's time to find some new ones. The summers where we did some pre-planning are the summers that I remember most fondly, and I just realized that even though the kids are grown, if I want pleasant memories of the summer of 2017, I still need to plan ahead and set some goals. Preparation is a key to success!

So, first, here are some posts from years past:

Summer Hours of Worth

Summer Bucket List

Reading Lists

Basically, the idea is to make some sort of list of things you want to accomplish. That's the hard part! Once you have a list, you just go to work checking things off. You can be productive and have some fun as well. And if you're a bit creative about how you present the list to your kids, it helps make the likelihood of finishing greater. Even better, let them help you create the list. I've also learned that having a single focus for each day of the week helps with deciding which activity to do on which day.

Activities written on dots on the door.



Time to work on my list now. Over the next few weeks, I'll share some of the activities we've done in the past, and I look forward to seeing what you choose to do! Enjoy your Summer Hours of Wonder!

Finally, if you're looking for ideas on what to add to your lists, Pinterest is a great resource. Here's my board for kid-friendly activities. 

Comments