Baby Headband

The internet didn't exist (at least not for me) when Michelle was born over 20 years ago, so I wasn't able to record how I made the little headband for her blessing day. And then I forgot I had done so until I looked for her dress last week. In case I decide to make one again, here's how it's done.


Cut a 14" piece of elastic lace and sew the ends together, using a 1/4" seam. Cut a 9" piece of regular lace (about 1 1/4" wide), gather one long edge and pull tight to form a circle, then sew the short ends together. Cut a 10-12" length of 1/4" ribbon, tie a bow. I've learned it's easier to cut it a bit longer and then trim the ends after making the bow. Then attach the bow to the circle of lace, and sew the circle to the headband, covering the seam.  The final step is to find a precious little girl to wear it! 


Comments