Halloween Countdown #5

Halloween Haiku: Family Favorite #6
Halloween Haiku #13
Skeletons, candy,
Jack-o-lanterns, ghosts and ghouls.
It is Halloween!

Costume Idea: Costume Evolution
As part of our "year of the fancy costumes" we made a dinosaur/alligator costume for Steven out of paper bags, a shoe box and paint. He shed everything but the hat before I had a chance to take a picture.
However, I found the original instructions with a picture in my file. Isn't that darling? Our version was even better, if I do say so myself. So, we carefully packed it away and he wore it again the next year. And once again I didn't take a picture.
However, I did get a picture the year we transformed it from an alligator into Charizard!
We also used the same concept and made a Dalmatian costume for Michelle. Basically, just cut a neck and arm holes in a paper grocery bag, with a slit down the front. It helps if you reinforce the cuts with tape. Then paint as desired!

Many, many years later, the costume made an appearance for Homecoming Week at the high school. Isn't it wonderful when you can reuse something over and over and over? We never would have thought we'd get so much use and enjoyment from a simple paper bag!
Since it matches the theme, I won't bother correcting the red-eye.

Pinterest Idea: Cupcake Ideas
You can't go wrong with M&Ms, can you? I imagine these are also sprinkled with Oreo crumbs. Nope, it's black sugar, but I'm sure Oreo crumbs would work as well.
Scary cupcakes with m & m eyes. Cute!:
Happy Halloween!

Comments