Works For Me Wednesday - A New Recipe

It's Wednesday again. Don't the days fly by quickly? Anyway, you'll have to keep waiting for the "genesis" story, because I want to scan some pictures first to go with that post, and today is a gorgeous day so pulling weeds in the lawn has a higher priority. However, I want to try to make this a habit, so here's something that worked for us this week.

I don't know if it's a positive or negative trait, but I have a hard time throwing out food. Sometimes, though, we can't always eat it before it goes bad, especially bananas. So, I've learned to put our over-ripe bananas in the freezer (peel them, break them in half, and stick them in a zip-lock bag). That's tip #1. We've used the frozen bananas mainly for smoothies, "low-fat milk-shakes" and banana bread. That's tip #2. The banana supply in our freezer was increasing so this week I decided it was time to use them up; I tried a new recipe which was delicious, and you couldn't really tell it had bananas in it, which sometimes is a good thing.

You can find the recipe here on my recipe blog. That's tip #3. (Keeping the recipe posts separated from other posts is tip #4.) I made a couple of changes, but you can find the original recipe here. It came from Pinterest. Using Pinterest to find new recipes is tip #5.

Hopefully at least one of these tips is helpful. Trying to be thrifty and frugal can be a challenge, and discovering new recipes is one tool that can make it fun. Do you have a favorite recipe that helps with this?

Comments

Dave said…
Elizabeth saves our bananas and does the same things!