WFMW - Menu - Week 12

Works for Me Wednesday
Being adaptable with menu planning


Time for another "Works for Me Wednesday" tip!  For the past three months I've been posting our dinner menu.  You may or may not have noticed that I put up the posts retroactively.  That's because invariably what I plan and what we actually have is not the same.  Don't get me wrong - making a menu plan is extremely valuable and I highly recommend it.  However, I've learned that it's also important to be flexible, and to be able to adapt to changing circumstances.

I thought I'd share the "before and after" for this week's menu plan to show how I made that work.  You'll notice there are several "leftover" days.  Most of the time I don't plan for those, yet I'm not going to let food go to waste.  That just makes life a little easier when dinner-time rolls around.  Often, though, I'll try to combine a couple days worth of leftovers into something new so we don't end up eating the same thing night after night after night.  (See the post on that here.)


Here's what was on the prepared menu:
Sunday - Chicken Marsala
Monday - Stacked Enchilada
Tuesday - Chicken Stroganoff
Wednesday - Beef Pot Pie
Thursday - Sausage and Beans with Cornbread
Friday - Cheeseburger Pizza
Saturday - Turkey Pannini
Lemon Chicken, Potatoes & Asparagus
Here's what we really had for dinner:
Sunday - invited to friend's house  - What a nice treat!
Monday - leftover pasta casserole - Still some sauce and noodles in the fridge from last week
Tuesday - Lemon Pepper Chicken and Potatoes - Still some lemon-flavored potatoes in the fridge from last week, and I wanted something that "went" with them, hence the lemon chicken
Wednesday - lasagna at the church/leftovers at home - Dinner was included in the Mutual activity
Thursday - Chicken Stroganoff - Moved from Tuesday to Thursday
Friday - Cheeseburger Pizza - Amazingly, I stuck to the original plan!
Saturday - pizza at the church/leftovers at home - This time pizza was served before the Priesthood session of general conference, giving us a chance to finish off the chicken stroganoff at home.


Having a plan, yet being flexible, Works for Me!

Comments