Graduation - The 1980 Version

Memorable Monday Moments
High School Graduation


Technically this event occurred on a Friday, but today is Monday, and today is the anniversary of this definitely memorable event. We've been planning for and celebrating Steven's high school graduation. It was inevitable that I'd recall my own. One of the advantages of trying to go through old boxes is that you find treasures; these pictures were hidden away in the back of my closet. I thought it was fitting that I discovered them the week that Steven got to give his valedictory. I had the same opportunity 31 years ago. (It doesn't seem possible that it's been that long!)

San Benito Joint Union High School

Hollister, California

13 June 1980

1 - giving my speech 2 - standing by the flag during the processional
3 - receiving my diploma 4 - after the ceremony

Comments

Meg said…
You are such a beautiful woman! (Not to mention hardworking, intelligent, wise, and over-all amazing! :D) Seriously though, you look absolutely gorgeous in the picture on the bottom right. I love you!