Valentine's Treat from Long Ago

It's been a while since I've done a "Works for Me Wednesday" post, and I've missed it. Since this week's theme was Valentine's Day Ideas, I've been thinking all morning trying to come up with something. What I finally remembered was a treat we tried many years ago, using an idea from the Friend magazine, the February 1985 issue to be exact. (And just because I think it's fun to look at old photos, this is what we looked like then):"What's the treat," you ask? Well, I'll tell you - Fortune Cookies. Since I didn't have pictures of the original attempt, I had to try it again today. Just as I remembered, they are very time consuming, but for a special occasion every once in a while, that's okay.
Head on over to my recipe blog if you want the recipe adaptation I used today.
So, making memories, even when they're not remembered for a very long time, Works for Me. And I hope it works for you too!

Comments

Aiming4Simple said…
Perfect for Chinese New Year this week too! I'm heading over to peek at the recipe!