It's December!

That means it's time to decorate the house for Christmas. First up is the tree. It sure went a lot faster a few years ago when we had more helpers. But dividing the responsibilities still works - while one child puts in branches, the other checks the lights. My job was to "fluff" the tree and put on the lights.Before the lights:
and after:One of our Christmas traditions is to do some sort of countdown each year. I really liked the felt tree we had when the kids were little, but the ornaments kept falling off and I haven't gotten around to fixing that problem yet. Instead I went to the store and got this Santa full of little drawers. The first year I was able to be a little creative and found earrings and micromachines to put in the drawers. We've also used letter tiles to spell out something bigger. Right now it just has candy and that seems kind of lame. There are still a lot of days left; does anyone have any better suggestions?
I'm glad we're making some progress, but it sure would be nice to have the time to get it all done at once instead of a little bit here and a little bit there. This is what our kitchen counter really looks like:
Oh well, eventually the bins will get emptied and returned to the attic. Happy Holidays!!!

Comments

Louise Hiatt said…
Where did you get that Santa? It is adorable. We (I) still can't find the box of ornaments. With my luck, and memory, we will find them the day we take the tree down!
Meg said…
Helping you pack away all those decorations made me thankful that I don't have nearly that many yet! Weston and I decorated our apartment in a little over an hour! So there is something to be said for not having much. :)

Decorating is so fun- Wyatt and I are going over to Grandma Ketcheson's today to help her out with her tons and tons of bins. We're excited!
Belkycita said…
Ooh!!! my girls would love to be there right now.
We decorated very fast, we don't have as many, but Elena wants to buy decorations every day so she can keep decorating :-)

Have a wonderful Christmas.