Attitude of Gratitude - Day #23

Today I am grateful for my sons' in-laws. And not just the parents, but the brothers and sisters and their spouses and children. I don't know why, but until a couple of years ago (when our oldest got married), it never dawned on me that when I received a daughter-in-law, her family would also become a part of mine. I think that's actually the best part of the whole wedding scenario - meeting and getting to know such fantastic people. I am amazed at the incredible individuals my grandchildren will be able to call family. I am thankful that in their wives' fathers and brothers my sons have excellent role models to follow. It's comforting to know that other families have worked hard to teach their children correct principles and that they're seeing success. We're glad we don't live in a society where marriages are arranged; our sons did a much better job on their own than we ever could have done. (And we have great faith that the remaining sons and daughters will follow in those footsteps.) It's nice to know that when our kids can't be home for Thanksgiving, they can still be home for Thanksgiving.

Comments

Harlene said…
I actually think about this all the time. One of my biggest hopes is that my children are each good spouses and have supportive families! Although I am so grateful Chris didn't hold mine against me when decided to marry me, lol.
jenettew said…
I couldn't agree with you more. I have thought of this since Dave and Elizabeth got married. I am so grateful that Elizabeth has such a wonderful husband. He adores her, takes care of her, and makes her laugh. They are working together to make their future bright. I know that Dave is who he is because of such a wonderful mother and father who taught him well, but also providing excellent role models of living the gospel and finding happiness there. His siblings are great people who also live the gospel and are following the commandments.

I am grateful of how Dave is a wonderful example to my sons, and the rest of our family. Dave is dedicated to the Lord, and wants to do what is right. We love his sense of humor and his care for each one of our family members.

I have enjoyed reading your gratitude posts, here and there, during the month. Each day of posts, all I can say is ditto. I am grateful for all those things as well. Maybe next November I will make a gratitude month. I'm sure that we are grateful for the same things in life, because we are sister in the gospel, as well as family.

Wishing your family a very Happy Thanksgiving tomorrow! Scott is traveling, so won't be with us. However, Katie has come out from Utah and Matthew is in the states this week for med school interviews and he will be at our table.

Love,
Jenette