Nauvoo - The Trek Experience

It took me until this morning to finally get around to cleaning my boots, but I'm so grateful I packed them, and that they stayed on my feet for the whole three miles. Some people weren't so lucky!The handcart trek starts with an orientation before the carts are passed out to groups of four youth.And you start right off with getting your feet wet -unless you take advantage of a ride.It takes teamwork to turn a corner through a gate.Don't let the beautiful scenery fool you.The rain that turned the leaves green, turned the clay dirt into slick mud.It's hard to keep your footing in that gunk.And it doesn't come off the wheels, even during the grassy parts.
This is hard work, but they can do it!
Some must push and some must pull.

Down, across, up!
When the end is in sight, there's great rejoicing.
Everyone made it!
Back at the starting creek, it was time to wash the mud off a bit.
Thanks to our fearless leader for a successful activity!
Proof that the sole to his boot disappeared, buried in some mud along the way. I guess Steven will need new boots before we visit Big Bend National Park next month!

Comments