Happy Birthday to Me

It feels a little uncomfortable to post this, but this is part of our family history, and because we want the older brothers and their wives to feel a part of our celebrating, I'm going to share with them. (The rest of you can click the "X".)

You'll recall that Mother's Day was swallowed up a bit with wedding festivities, yet while I was at a meeting on Friday, and before they went birthday shopping, Michelle had help to finally finish my Mother's Day gift, which they presented to me when I came home. (How's that for a run-on sentence?) Didn't they do a great job making a display for our missionaries' flags? And they even planned ahead and drilled a hole for Steven's. While I stayed after church for another meeting today, Michelle baked a cake. And then she frosted and decorated it all by herself.
I guess if I'm going to make others pose for birthday cake pictures, I have to acquiesce to the request as well.And that goes for the "sit on the fireplace by the presents and smile" shot as well.Because we're usually camping on my birthday (which, just for the record, is something I find pleasant and enjoyable -- as long as it's not raining), it's been a while since I've actually got to open presents on my birthday. The family was quite pleased with themselves for remembering and planning ahead! And they did a great job. The older brothers will be pleased to know that on future visits they don't have to worry about the ironing board's tendency to collapse without notice. However, don't you think they should have figured out a way to wrap it??
It's been a wonderful birthday. Thank you to everyone for the beautiful well-wishes. Each of you make my life richer and I appreciate that. I hope you've had a wonderful day as well.

Comments

Delirious said…
Happy birthday! ♥♥♥ I think of you often, especially during choir practice. ;)
Cheryl said…
Happy Birthday!

And I think your hair looks really cute in those pictures, but in response to your question, Kayli actually told the stylist she wanted her hair cut to just above her ears. The stylist kindly explained that that would look weird and just cut it as long as she thought would work for what Kayli wanted. So, that's really not helpful for you. But you're welcome to copy a picture of Kayli onto your computer and take that in. Again though, I really like the way your hair is now!
Belkycita said…
Happy BIrthday!!
I'm in love with your flag displayer. So clever! if I ever have boys I'll make them one.

I really think the ironing board story is funny, but I'm against house items for my birthday I rather get chocolate! :-)
Meg said…
Happy Birthday! I'm glad you posted. :) We love you and we can't wait to see you!
jenettew said…
Did I know the 4th was your birthday? I'm not sure. That should be an easy one to remember!

Happy Birthday! And yes, you should get your picture taken on your birthday as well.

They could have at least put a bow on the ironing board. But I love Michelle's cake! Hope it was a great day!
Amy said…
happy belated birthday! hope you had a wonderful day.