Monday, October 12, 2009

Exploring Buenos Aires

Memorable Monday Moments
Since we were in Buenos Aires on a Monday, and since when we're on vacation, family nights turn into family days, adding pictures counts as a "Memorable Monday Moments" entry!

Here's the view of Av. Callao from the balcony where we stayed: First stop was the Casa de Rosa - the Argentinian White House:
And then several blocks away the congressional building:
No visit is complete without going around the Obelisco on Av. 9 de Julio a few times:
On Monday we toured a few museums, including this one on an old training ship - Museo Fragata Pte. Sarmiento:
It was fun hefting the huge tools and exploring every nook and cranny:
Buenos Aires is a vibrant, intriguing city, and someone is already planning a return trip!

2 comments:

Rennie said...

Did Eva Peron live in the "Argentinian White House"? Just seeing the picture made me want to sing, "Don't cry for me Argentina"!!

Looks like you had a great time! I can't believe Brad is back already! Wow!

momstheword said...

Oh what a lovely opportunity! My hubby would love to travel someday. Me? Not so much. Maybe I'll get into it more when I'm older!