Counting Down to Halloween #4

Decorating/Crafts
We don't go all out for decorating, but it's nice to do something. Holidays are also a great excuse for pulling out and doing a craft project. Here are a couple of pumpkins that the boys painted in a ceramics class years ago.Here's one of our newest. Yeah for after-the-holiday clearances at the craft store!Here's one of my favorites - little creatures that we did several years ago, which means it's probably time for some touch-up paint..
They work great for the dining table centerpiece.
What are some of your favorite Halloween craft projects?

Comments

Delirious said…
I have a couple that I like. I went over to Dana R.'s house and saw a really cute scarecrow on her front porch. The head was cut out of wood and painted. I grabbed some paper and went back and traced it, and drew an approximation of how she painted it and went home and made my own!

Then I went to Dr. H.'s dentist office and saw a cute witch cut out of wood that was a shelf sitter. She was holding a little pumpkin that said, "sit for a spell". I didn't draw it, but went home and made my own version which I think turned out better. I'll try to post pictures on my blog soon.
Meg said…
I have SO many fun children's craft ideas now that I'm in preschool! We've tons of cute things, but I think they're copyrighted. Some include, a spider from construction paper where you crimp the legs, a ghost kite made out of a white paper lunch bag and crepe paper streamers, and a cat mask, also mostly made from construction paper, with pipe cleaner whiskers and a tongue depressor for the handle. I'll have to ask about the copyright and see if I can post pictures or not.
Melanie said…
Becky-Thank you for all your kind comments on my Chorister/Family Blogs. You have made me smile often. I appreciate your kindness.

I am so glad to hear your primary program went well too. It's the neatest part of the year in primary.

Thank you also for your blog as I have received much inspiration, uplifting thoughts, and fun ideas. Meg is a blessed girl to have you for a mom-in-law....and I am too as an extension of that relationship. Thank you so much for giving that example to me for a future time in my life.