Favorite Family Recipes

Works for Me Wednesday
Storing and Organizing Recipes

Several years ago (in fact the month after our Yellowstone vacation) we were able to spend several weeks visiting my parents. On one of those hot summer afternoons (and maybe it took a few days), I went through her box of newspaper recipe clippings and organized them all into a binder - taping them onto copy paper and slipping them into page protectors into a binder. It worked so well that I went home and did the same for my pile. Fortunately my pile wasn't as large as hers! Now, though, my binder is way too fat, so I'm slowly working my way through and purging. That's one great way to store your favorite recipes.
Another way, and one I started at the beginning of this year, is to put them on the computer. I have a separate blog - Favorite Family Recipes - and as we make something I try to remember to take a picture and post the recipe. That way the distant college students can still have a taste of home if they want.

Some of our recent favorites: Steven's brownies, easy cherry cheesecake, manicotti, volcanoes, peach pudding, Spanish omelette, Joe's special, dinner rolls and fresh salsa

Comments

Meg said…
Those all look DELICIOUS! Welcome back home again! We really can't wait for December!