Things I Finished in January

I love January because I always feel so motivated to make progress on my New Year's Resolutions! The trick is to continue it throughout the year. As mentioned earlier, this year I'm trying to be a Finisher. So, here are the UFO's that I was able to check off in January.
  • sewed a button on Wayne's shirt (and bought a package of buttons so next time it can get done right away)
  • delivered some books to a friend (duplicates discovered when cleaning out bookshelves last summer)
  • cleaned and organized the pantry, which included mopping the floor
  • rotated the food in the 72 hour kits

(the old, outdated food which the kids get to eat for school lunch!) (fresh, new food)

I'll admit the last two were motivated by preparations for a Relief Society class on food storage which will be here on Tuesday, but that still counts. I've wanted to do them for a while, and now I don't have to worry about them for at least several more months! So, does anyone else want to share what they did so we can all shout "Good for you!"?

Remember my messy laundry room counter on New Year's Day? Well, it did get cleared off once, but this is what it looks like now, so I guess it's still on the list!

Comments

Delirious said…
I got my Christmas letters sent out.....um...by the end of January. ;)
lrbodine said…
I completely cleaned out my office from top to bottom. Unfortunately my desk once again looks like your bottom picture of your laundry room. Ugh. I can't seem to stay on top of my office! And I started our 72 hour kits...
Cheryl said…
Good for you!

I just wanted to thank you for sharing how you did scripture study when your kids were younger. We've been doing the "kids' scripture stories", but decided to switch to the real thing this year. Kayli was really unhappy about it until I remembered your post. Counting how many times a specific word is read makes it so much more enjoyable for her. Thanks!!
Belkycita said…
AWESOME!!!
I am in the process of finishing putting caulk in all our windows. I'm loving it. I'll psot pictures when I'm ready.
Harlene said…
I finished reading a book, does that count?