Temple Open House

Flashback Friday
Temple Open House Visits

My cousin posted about their family's visit to the Draper Temple during the currently running open house and that reminded me of when I was able to tour the Jordan River Temple during its open house.
This happened during my sophomore year at BYU and we used it as a great excuse to get together with my freshman year roommates. Although I had already decided that I was only going to get married in the temple, when I saw the Bride's Room in particular, but also all the other rooms, my decision was only solidified more. (I was a touch disappointed that the Oakland Temple Bride's Room wasn't quite as ornate as the one in Jordan River!)
Several years later we were in Oregon for a family reunion and were able to tour the Portland Temple. (My scanner isn't working right now, so the picture of three cute little boys will have to wait.) However, just like all the other ones, this temple is gorgeous inside and out. I was looking forward to taking all six children through the Bountiful Temple, but we moved to California just before it was ready. Maybe our family vacation to Utah this summer will coincide with the Oquirrh Mountain Temple open house and we can take advantage of that opportunity then.
I think one of the reasons I enjoy being inside the temple so much is it reminds me of the way I'd like my living room to look. Maybe some day! (This last picture is the Draper Celestial Room.)

Comments