Keeping Busy


I've been told that my posts are not current enough, except when they're talking about yard work. So, I'm trying to rectify that!

We had a great time with the college kids and miss them now that they're back at school. We wish them well in their work and studies - and fun - this semester. While they were here, we spent some time working on a couple of puzzles. (Boys, the missing piece was hiding under the couch!)
Then they went to the beach.
(Guess who's playing GameBoy under the towel?) And, of course, you do need the shed update! It's almost done. Wayne spent time painting the white spots he made after filling and priming the screw holes. Steven's job was to get the unused concrete from pouring the ramp into the truck so they could dispose of it properly.
(Better too much than not enough, right?)
Michelle got to vacuum the beach sand out of the van, and then wash the car. Throw in changing light bulbs, brushing the pool, spraying for weeds, putting the last of the Christmas lights away, spreading new topsoil to keep them nice and productive. However, they were actually done by early mid-afternoon and got to relax (or do homework) before we ate Wayne's yummy dessert and watched a movie together. We try not to work them 24/7!

So, this was still mainly Saturday stuff, but the rest of the week is pretty routine - seminary, school, work, eating and sleeping. Someone needs the assignment to do something super interesting!

Comments

Beckstrand7 said…
I was so inspired by your three blogs combined to provide a source of family unity, family history and promotion of testimonies. You are continuing your eternal job as mother to your wonderful family in a up-to-date wonderful way. I honor your for your commitment, and look forward to the time when I'll be able to do such things for my family. For now, my mission is different!
Belkycita said…
Oh dear!
I feel like I have been raised as a lay child ;-( and we had to deep clean the house every Saturday!!
You truly inspire me,
Cheryl said…
Thank you so much for your sweet card. It means so much! Really. And I appreciated the newsletter. If I weren't a part of my totally awesome family, I'd really want to be a part of your totally awesome family. Lucky Megan to have the best of both!
Keep up the amazing blogging. It inspires me frequently. It came as no surprise to me that you are your family's MVP!