Surprising Revelation

or Never underestimate the power of music S (after singing the hymn last night): Mom, you forgot to turn off the piano light.
Mom: I know, I want to play a couple of songs after prayer.
M: I liked hearing you play those songs this morning. I wish that were my alarm every day.
J: Yeah, I remember waking up to Bach and Beethoven when I was in middle school. They're my favorite composers.
Mom: Then I guess we'll have to get you a cd to be your alarm at college.
J: I already have one, symphonies one and two! (take with a grain of salt - this is Jeff after all)

After I got out "Hear Thou the Song of my Heart" yesterday morning, I realized it really didn't have anything to do with 1 Nephi 11, but the Lord had another purpose in having me remember it. I never would have known how much my kids remember and appreciate me playing the piano. I shouldn't be surprised - some of my favorite childhood memories are of waking up Sunday morning to my dad playing the piano. We get to start a new early morning routine Monday. Maybe we can throw in some Bach and Beethoven at 4:45 AM!

(Have you figured out who's who?)

Comments

Unknown said…
Thanks for looking us up! It's always nice hear from old friends. I loved seeing your blog and how all your kids are doing! Where is Brad on his mission? A few months ago I was going through Michael's old baby clothes to sort through for Landon and I found a picture among them of Brad holding Michael (when he was about a year old) with a mullet wig on! Brad used to always tease Michael for having a little patch of long hair in the back! Ha ha! Landon has the same look now too! It's good to hear that music in the home really is appreciated! I can go weeks without touching the piano right now - so sad! I need to remember to make the time to play. OK, this is the world's longest comment but I don't think I have your email anymore. Tell your family hello from us! What are Jeff's plans now?
Unknown said…
I think the first photo is Michelle and the last one you, but who is the middle photo of?

Harlene