Remembering December - Okeeheelee Park

Okeeheelee Park - I just love that name, and I love that it's only a five-minute drive away. It was the perfect place to take some little kids. Unfortunately, we didn't realize until we got there that in the winter-time the nature center is only open on the weekends. Fortunately, the nature trails around the nature center aren't closed, so we had a nice little walk.
Look closely at Brooke's face in the following sequence of pictures. I imagine she's grateful she doesn't have an older brother. (We'll have to remind her when she's older that I always wished I had an older brother, until I got one! I wonder if my kids even know that story.) Anyway, Wyatt didn't mean to scare her, and he apologized nicely.
After our little walk we stopped at the playground. We had hoped to be able to rent a paddle boat, but guess what? Those are only available on the weekend as well. I guess we'll have to go back at a later date sometime!

Comments