Christmas Crochet

We didn't have a lot of money for our first Christmas, which meant we couldn't buy any decorations. For some reason, though, I had some red, green and white yarn in my closet, and so was able to crochet some decorations, Most of them have been retired over the years, but I just can't get rid of this one:
Instead of a proper "wreath" backing, the yarn "snowflakes" are attached to a cardboard circle so it's kind of flimsy. However, there's a lot of sentimental value, which means it will probably have a place on the banister for a few more years.

I searched google to find some pictures of some of the other things I remember crocheting. Most of them were tree ornaments, but I do remember making a little tree similar to this one:
Our ornaments looked similar to these, although instead of a nice round ring for the wreath, I used the plastic rings (which they no longer make) holding the six-pack of soda together. We were all into making do with what was available. The last stocking ornament was a simple granny square - five sided instead of four - folded in half. I hope you're all enjoying creating new decorations, but even more importantly, new memories.
 
If you're looking for patterns to make your own, this blog post has some beautiful ideas, with links to the instructions. In particularly, these little elves caught my attention, although I'm not planning on making any anytime soon.

Comments

Delirious said…
You are much better at crochet than me! :)