Trying Something New

A few months ago I heard about a food delivery source called Zaycon Foods (through Noni's website.)  It sounded intriguing, and I decided to give it a try.  This week I picked up 40 pounds of boneless, skinless chicken breasts** and packaged it for our freezer, in individual-meal-sized servings.  It will be nice not to have to worry about adding that to the shopping list for a few months.  I only wish I had discovered it when we had teenage sons at home!  In a few weeks I can stock up on lean ground beef, and then we'll be set for quite a while.

** The price was $1.69 per pound.  The last time I bought a bag of chicken breasts at Costco it was 10 pounds for $22.59.  Normal price at the grocery store, not on sale, is close to $4 a pound.  I'd say it was a pretty good savings.

Comments