Golden Spike National Monument

Flashback Friday
A Memorial Day Trip

Was Memorial Day really just this week? I'm having a hard time believing it. It may only be June 3rd, but May seems a long time ago! Anyway, our son and his wife decided to spend their Memorial Day at the Golden Spike National Historic Site in northern Utah. We were trying to figure out how old he was when we took him. We checked our Family Almanac and found that we went on the Memorial Day (I guess that's a good time of year to visit!) when he was 6 months old. There's no way he could have remembered the experience, yet he thought he did. Guess what? Today I was flipping through the photo albums and discovered that we took a second trip to the site. That time he would have been 6; that's old enough to remember. Yay for family photo albums! May 1991 - Golden Spike Monument - The site where the transcontinental railroads met on May 10, 1869

Comments

Dave said…
Thanks for finding this! I thought for sure I remembered a trip as a kid but when you said we went when I was 6 months old I thought maybe I invented the memory. Good to know my memory is still in tact!