Happy April Fool's Day!

We don't usually make a big deal out of April Fool's Day. In fact, I'm not a fan of people playing tricks on each other. I just don't think it's nice. And I'm definitely not a fan if it involves property damage or hurt feelings. However, I also realize that I have family members who are very clever and enjoy trying to "get" people. And I've learned to appreciate and even enjoy their antics. Cleverness is okay; destruction is not.

And in that spirit, I bring you a tiny recollection of April 1, 2003 - our most memorable April Fool's Day. This is what greeted me when I started to set the table for breakfast. (Normally the glasses are in this cupboard, but they got moved to the plate shelf.)When Dad went out to the garage to leave for work, his normal mode of transportation was missing, and this was in its place. (Because lawn tractors aren't good for commuting, it stayed here and he hunted until he found his truck out in the driveway.)

I didn't get pictures of anything else, but the trunk of my car was filled with blown-up balloons. It's a good thing I thought to check before leaving for grocery shopping, but now that I think about it, it would have served them right if there wasn't room for groceries and they starved for a day! There were a few more surprises that popped up during the day, all of which brought a smile, and none of which took too long to set right. It was a perfect April's Fool Day. (I should note that I'm perfectly fine with just remembering; it doesn't need to happen again!)


While trying to fool just one person can be fun, some people like to fool lots of people. You can read about some of the more successful antics here - Top April Fool's Day Tricks. I particularly liked #8 - the Left-Handed Whopper.

Comments

Dave said…
yesterday morning april fool's struck our house too! all of elizabeth's clothes disappeared from her closet and the only thing left was the ugliest shirt i have that she always makes fun of me for, and the ugliest pajama pants i have that she always makes fun of me for. she threatened to wear them both in public, but withdrew her threat. haha.