Attitude of Gratitude - Day #17 (and WFMW)

Today I am thankful that I love to cook and bake and make things in the kitchen. Since that can be such a time-consuming part of running a family, I'm glad it's a pleasant activity for me. I'm thankful my mom taught me to cook. I'm grateful my children like what I cook. And I'm happy that I feel creative and fulfilled when a nutritious dinner is on the table (complete with the not-so-nutritious dessert at the end).

You can find some of our favorite recipes, and memorable disasters, on our recipe blog over here, but since it's the week before Thanksgiving and a scheduled "Works for Me Wednesday" I thought I'd share some of our favorite Thanksgiving dinner recipes right here.
These first two aren't really part of the meal, but they're often part of our celebration. First is a snack mix that helps us remember our many blessings. You can find the directions to it here.
Second is a table favor that is fun to dismantle and eat (just the M&M's!) afterwards.
We have a pretty standard, traditional menu, and I realized I don't really have recipes for most of the main dishes. In fact, I remember trying a "from scratch" cranberry sauce once and was told to stick to what comes in a can. Oh, well; I remember doing the same thing the year my mom tried that on us.

Roast Turkey, or maybe a Deep-Fried Turkey, or even both
Stuffing
Cranberry Sauce
Black Olives
Mashed Potatoes and Gravy
Corn, or Green Bean Casserole, or both

And Thanksgiving dinner isn't complete without lots of pies, including:
and any others we feel like!

Comments