Remember!

Memorable Monday Moments
It's December!
Most of our family nights in December are centered around Christmas traditions. Last week it was Michelle's turn for the lesson. She shared President Kimball's quote on the importance of remembering, and then announced that we would set up the tree to help us remember the Savior all month long. So we did, and we had a great time. The past few years I've set up and decorated the tree by myself, and I decided that it's a lot more fun working together!

"When you look in the dictionary for the most important word, do you know what it is? It could be remember. Because all of you have made covenants - you know what to do and you know how to do it - our greatest need is to remember. That is why everyone goes to sacrament meeting every Sabbath day - to take the sacrament and listen to the priests pray that 'they may always remember him and keep his commandments which he has given them.' Remember is the word. Remember is the program." (Spencer W. Kimball, 1968)

Yesterday I found this quote by Elder Nelson. Not only is "remember" the most important word in the dictionary, it's the main responsibility of my life's mission. (I figure I have to remember before I can be repentant and righteous.)

"Jesus' responsibility as Advocate, Savior, and Redeemer was foredetermined in premortal realms and fulfilled by His Atonement. Our responsibility is to remember, to repent, and to be righteous." (Russell M. Nelson, 2000)

Have fun remembering this Christmas season!

Comments