September's UFOs


It's time to recall what I finished in September! Although the main focus for the month was on Brad's return from Argentina, there were a couple of things I was able to cross off the list. First was "make sure Steven is comfortable driving a stick shift" so that I wouldn't be worrying about him conking an engine on his way to/from school each day. He's a pro at it now!
 
Second was finally getting around to compiling an "alien abduction binder" or household notebook. While there are still a few things I'd like to add, after being on the list for years, I say that any progress is good progress. This is basically all the information needed to run a household gathered into one location. It currently has addresses and phone numbers of family/friends/doctors/insurance companies/etc., all of our financial account and monthly bill information, computer passwords, medical information like latest immunizations, directions for using the safe, diagram of electric breaker box, how to turn off the water, and where to find the septic tank. I'm not sure where I got the original idea, but it's a tool to answer the question "What do I do if something happens and Mom's not around?" I can be a touch superstitious, and I figured if I had all the answers prepared, then the kids wouldn't have any problems while we were gone. It worked!

  Welcome home Elder Whitaker!

Comments

Delirious said…
Welcome home Brad! That was a short two years! ;)
Meg said…
That's a great picture of Steven, Brad, and Michelle! And I love that book you made- what a great idea!
Amy said…
Love the alien abduction book idea. I should make one for Damian that includes how to turn the dishwasher on and run a load of laundry :)