27 Years Ago

We were married in Oakland. It's just not possible that it's been that long, but that's what the calendar says. Happy Anniversary, Wayne - I love you!
  Here's our cake. I still think it's gorgeous.
  Just the other day we were talking about it at Sunday dinner. I can't remember quite how the subject came up, but I think it had something to do with the wishing well. I didn't want the typical "plastic bride and groom" on the top, and I've always loved hand-blown glass, so when my mom and I discovered this wishing well, I knew it would be the perfect cake topper. Unfortunately, it got broken a couple of years after the wedding when I was babysitting a little boy who threw something at the bookshelf. Although I've told him it's really not necessary, Wayne's been looking for years to replace it, and maybe someday we'll have success. In the meantime, we still have the glass pillars which were combination vases/candlesticks. 

Last fall I did a series on "how we met" - here's the link to that last post which has links to all the other ones. I'm adding it here so it will be easy for me to find in the future.

Comments

Just Jones'n said…
Happy Anniversary!!! Mike wants to know when you are posting pictures of you and Wayne instead of your children!! We can't believe how much your children look like the two of you!!!
Rennie said…
Happy Anniversary!! Hope you guys had a great day!
Belkycita said…
Happy anniversary!
Love your wedding photos.
Delirious said…
Happy Anniversary! And yes, it is a very beautiful cake!!