Friday, May 8, 2009

Lift up your Voice and Sing

Friday Flashback
Freshman Choir

Last night's event brought back memories of my own choir experiences when I was a freshman in high school. Here are the pictures from the yearbook
left side (I'm in the front row, second to the end - our director, Mr. Ron Molina, is at the end of the second row)
right side
I must have been absent for this picture, but I definitely remember making the bright red dress! This was Camerata. It was an audition-only choir, so wasn't supposed to have any freshmen. However, I moved just before school started and missed the normal registration. The guidance counselor must have forgotten that rule, because he placed me in the class. It was a surprise to them all when I showed up the first day, and a totally unnerving experience for me. However, for some reason, they let me stay, and I earned my spot legitimately the next three years! We had some wonderful experiences which will have to wait until later to be shared.

5 comments:

Alicia said...

Wow..how were you able to scan them so nicely?

What wonderful memories, isn't it? What year is that, may I ask???

I'm so glad you joined the meme this week! It's been fun looking at everyones FPF!!!

Pam said...

That looks like a wonderful time. I would like to know how you got your photos to scan so nicely too! I can never do that.

Muthering Heights said...

I love the photos! The last one is my favorite. :)

Erin said...

I love all the photos...they must bring back some terrific memories. Your scan was pretty fantastic, I have to agree. Like Muthering Heights, the last one is my fav.

Chris said...

nice pics!