What have we been up to lately?

Experimenting with old and new recipes to share with Relief Society sisters. Check out Favorite Family Recipes to see what worked and what didn't.Discovering this in the garage which led to this and then this and learning that it's really not that big a deal to have the water turned off most of the day (on for an hour in the morning and evening for showers and cleaning). However, we were very grateful to have the leak repaired so we didn't have to deal with the inconvenience.
Taking advantage of a school holiday to go to the mall and find a dress that was cute, modest AND reasonably priced!
Learning all about the diseases of the Elizabethan Age.Dealing with minor injuries, a smashed finger (healing nicely) and a bruised toe (who wants to see a picture of a toe?).Preparing costumes for skits to present at youth conference. This is what Steven requested.
This is what he got!
Checking out a restaurant that's over 500 years old. They were serving food at the Zum Durnbrau in Germany when Columbus was sailing to the New World! Unfortunately, the food in 2009 wasn't that great, but it was still a cool experience.

Discovering a new favorite city!
He's been to Paris, Rome, London, Vienna, Stockholm, Prague, Seoul, Tokyo, Rio de Janeiro, Lima, Buenos Aries. He's even been to Seattle, San Francisco, Miami and Washington DC. But until this week, Wayne's never been to New York City. After just a couple of hours there, he called to inform me that it is his new favorite city and I can expect to spend a lot of time there in the future. That sounds fun to me!!

Comments

Belkycita said…
Oh dear, Michelle's dress is super cute! and she looks so pretty in it.
I am amazed by your finding, I have been looking for months for a dress for me.
Linda said…
Let us know when you're coming - We have empty bedrooms and are only 1 1/2 hours north of the city, so you are very welcome to stay with us if you'd like. There's even a train from here to the city :) We'd love to spend more time getting acquainted so if you come to NYC while we're here, let's get together.
Amy said…
LOVE Michelle's dress! I expect to see it on her this weekend at Youth Conference!
Meg said…
I'm glad that Dad now agrees with me on the best city in the world. I must have pretty good taste, since I haven't been to almost any of those other ones and I already knew! :)

Oh, and tell Michelle that I LOVE that dress!