A Day in our Life

I'm joining the party late, but I thought my cousin Harlene had a great suggestion, to play along with her friend Jennie. This sounds like a fun way to make some new friends. So, here's what happened on our typical day yesterday. The only really typical thing about it is that it wasn't typical. Does such a thing exist?

The alarm went off at 4:15 AM and I dirtied up some mugs for an object lesson in seminary - the topic was hypocrisy. (The kids' teacher is out of town and so I substituted for a few days.) Which mug would you like your hot chocolate in?

After seminary it was time to drive the kids to the high school, and then stay to accompany 1st period chorus.

Next it was time to go visiting teaching. We had a great time discussing Elder Holland's message that angels are all around us - seen and unseen, known and unknown, mortal and immortal.

A counterful of dirty dishes needed attention - before

and after -


and then it was time to send a few emails before
picking up shirts at the cleaners
and spending some time on Ancestry.com at the library.
Steven and Michelle walked over and were excited to share the trophies they earned at the county math league competition.
Time to throw together some dinner
before retrieving the car from the shop
and running into the mall to pick up Wayne's new glasses.
Last on the list was preparing Scripture Mastery turkeys for Friday's seminary game before the final routine of scriptures, prayer, brush teeth, and go to bed around 10 PM.
So, maybe it was a pretty typical day after all - doing things to make my family happy and loving every (well almost every) minute of it - the same sort of things each one of you do every day as well.

Comments

Delirious said…
Ohhh..what was your game? I need ideas for games. :)
Belkycita said…
Oh My!
I got tired just reading.
Your dinner looks yummy!
Harlene said…
Thanks for playing along1 I can't believe you started your day at 4:15 AM!

That's a free pass to heaven in my book. You must be loving this stage of your life!